Old 17-10-2004, 09:58 AM
Jeanne Stockdale

If you are only looking for something for lawn mowing, then my hubby thinks
that a compact tractor is not the right tool. You really need a dedicated
ride on lawn mower/tractor. Had a quick look on ebay and for example
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting
might be suitable.

A lot depends on the type and size of area you are mowing. If it is
relatively small and flat, then the cheaper single fixed deck should be
fine. If it is uneven and a large area, a floating twin deck would be more
suitable.

Carry on looking on ebay but see if you can find something that you could go
an view. Also try local hire shops. We have one near us who also sells
second hand machines.

Jeanne Stockdale

"Mithral_j" wrote in message

Thanks for the reply - i already own a great ride on but i think i am
demanding too much of it. as a result i feel i should get a compact
tractor
thanks for your advice on ebay although i am slightly nervous about
spending my hard earned cash on something i havent seen

would you reccomend iseki as a good make?
thank you

"Are you looking for a compact tractor or a ride-on lawnmower? If it is
ride-on lawnmower, then try Focus DIY. We bought one from them a couple
of
years ago (under £1,000) and we have been quite happy with it.

We have also bought items from ebay - in particular a compact
tractor(Iseki)
complete with rotavator and a tipping trailer. We are very pleased with
both
items. I think the secret is (a) be prepared to ask realistic questions
of
the seller and (b) look at the seller's feedback. One thing always to
bear
in mind with ebay is the cost of transportation. We were lucky with
both the
tractor and trailer - neither were a million miles away from us."

Jeanne Stockdale

--
Mithral_j