Old 17-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Dwayne

Here in the U.S. we have June bearers and everbearers. The June bearers
bloom and produce for about 30 days, and everbearers will produce great
during the spring, slow down during the hot part of the year, and then go at
it again in the fall.

I would find a way to put in 30 plants. The first year they wont do as well
as the second and later years. I pick every other day and only get the
"really" ripe ones. If they have any green or white on them they aren't
ready. Then I get more than we can eat and I wash them and freeze them till
winter. Hanky panky all year that way.

Dwayne.

"blank" wrote in message
My wife loves strawberries. So, I put a couple healthy looking plants in
hanging baskets, incorporating a healthy dose of Nutricote 140 day
13.0-5.7-10.8 in the potting mix, hung them in a spot that gets about 6
hours of hot afternoon sun, added them to an irrigation line that gets 15
minutes per morning of fine overhead spray and ..........
the flowers that were already forming produced strawberries, much to her
delight.

BUT, since then they have not produced any flowers. And as we all know,
no
flowers for the good lady means no hanky panky. So, can anyone tell me
how
to get the damn flowers going again?