Old 17-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Tom

"N. Wise" wrote in message

I am in the process of building a 180 gallon plywood and glass tank.
I have built these in the past and had good success with them,
however, with this tank being much larger than previous tanks, I am
planning on using a wet/dry trickle w/ a sump. I am curious if anyone
has any experience drilling and installing a bulkhead in the bottom of
one of these tanks. Obviously, the drilling is simple, but I wonder
about the bulkhead. Will it seal properly against the epoxy? Or
should I silicone a drilled piece of plexiglass around the hole to
seal it better?

Because of the tanks location, an overflow w/ external stand pipe is
not going to be an option. That is why I am planning on the internal
stand pipe.

Nick Wise

I have never had a problem with bulkheads in my plywood grow-out tanks.
After drilling the holes however, I always coated the exposed wood with a
couple of coats of epoxy.

Tom