Old 17-10-2004, 10:16 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"Vincent Burgum" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong. I grew potatoes for the first
time this year. For Earlies I planted Rocket, and for Maincrop used King
Edward. Both types produced wh\t I considered decent looking spuds in
reasonable quantities, but when I tried to ccok them they were bopth
terrible. Both varieties turned to a mushy pulp when boiled, but both were
ok when chipped. What did I do wrong?

I think you grew the wrong varieties for boilling. K.E. do go mushy when
bopiled, they are great for roasting and chips though. I'm not familiar with
the other variety.
For excellent boilers next year try nadine or wilja. Both are a nice firm
boiling spud.
I have also had picasso which is a good boiler but the first 2 are my
favourites.