Old 17-10-2004, 11:06 PM
alan holmes

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote
JennyC" wrote:

Hi
This is vaguely OT but I was wondering how birds almost immediately
know

when I
start to put food out for them?

Stuff deleted:-

Have you got enormous flocks of starlings where you are?
It's the first time for years, that I have seen them in large numbers,
likewise sparrows seem to be making a come back.
The starlings have been having a feeding frenzy on all the berries
that were on the trees. All gone now.
Martin

I've seen the flocks of starlings in town but not in my garden. I get
mostly
blue tits, sparrows, blackbirds&thrushes (tho they don't seem to have seen
the
food yet).

I daren't put out any food yet, the damned squirrels would see it off!

Alan

--
Reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net