Old 18-10-2004, 01:13 AM
Geodyne

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 23:00:04 +1000, len gardener
wrote:

getting a bit late for strawb's now, i think you may find they've done
their season this season, so look forward to next season around the
july to september mark.

It may be getting a little how for them in your area perhaps Len, but
in my area mine (Sydney, self-sown in a 4-year old strawberry patch)
are just getting started. I'll have strawberries in about a month.

blank, are your strawberries putting out runners? Small, pup plants on
stems? Strawberries propagate two different ways - by setting fruit
and by putting out runners. They tend to prefer to propagate via
runners, so more runners will mean fewer or no flowers, and no
strawberries. Something you may like to look into.

Geodyne