Old 18-10-2004, 10:38 AM
BAC

"BAC" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:08:46 +0100, "Martin Sykes"
wrote:

" Jeanne Stockdale" wrote in message
All energy sources on earth, past, present and future are derived

from
the
sun.

Actually, tidal energy comes from the moon's gravitational pull and
geothermal energy comes from inside the earth, but everything else -

coal,
oil, gas and wind is driven by the sun.

and nuclear power?

Quite right, the sun is powered by nuclear fission,

Whoops, I meant fusion, of course :-)

so it could be argued
all the energy sources 'claimed' for the sun are in fact a form of

'nuclear
power'.

If only we humans could attain the holy grail of controllable fission

Ditto, sorry, I meant fusion power, not fission, which is what we already
have.

power
generation, cutting out the middleman :-)