Old 18-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Ray

OOOhh. You are GOOD girl!

..
"J Fortuna" wrote in message
news:fEFcd.7554$232.2914@trnddc09...
Answering my own inquiry: I found the article that I had once read about
this. I believe that my Phal has a fasciated bud. This is the article
about
fasciation in orchids:
http://orchidweb.org/publications/bu...asciation.html
Best,
Joanna

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
One of the orchids (Phal) that I bought recently has two buds that have
fused together to form one bud. I remember once reading about this sort
of
phenomenon, and there was a term for it, and now I can't find the article
anymore. It isn't peloric, but some other term. I didn't notice this

strange
bud until I got home, and now I am quite curious what the flower/flowers
will look like once this opens. Has anyone else here experienced this? Is

it
a mutation? Is it due to something cultural? Is it likely to do this
again
if it is doing it once? Or is it a once in a blue moon sort of thing?
Most
of the buds and flowers on this Phal are currently normal, it's just that
one siamese twin bud-cluster.

Joanna