Old 18-10-2004, 11:33 AM
David Hill

Martin wrote " I can't wait for the hydrogen era to come in.
Looks like the Canadians are getting on top of it! ......."

It seems as if in all this discussion no one is thinking of Hydro
electricity.......We have many rivers that could be harnessed to produce
power.
In Canada the government has its long term plan for renewable energy. This
is taken from info on the Toronto Hydro site...

" EcoLogoTM Program
Toronto Hydro Energy Services' intention in developing and promoting its
Green Power program is to follow the guidelines established by the
Government of Canada's EcoLogo program. Environment Canada developed the
EcoLogo labelling program in the 1980s to certify environmentally-safe
products. To date, the EcoLogo program has certified an array of products
across the consumer spectrum including green energy.

The current guidelines for the government's EcoLogo program include:

Solar technologies (photovoltaics, solar water and air heating)
Water technologies (generation of 20 MW or less of run of the river
facilities)
Wind technologies (turbines; individual or small to medium wind farms)
Recovery technologies (methane from sewage treatment plants or landfills)
Biomass, such as wood waste or food waste
Other (hydrogen fuel cells) ...."

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries