Old 18-10-2004, 01:42 PM
escapee

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:04:45 -0500, Rusty Mase opined:

Some time back I heard a story about a local public service group in
that area, possibly the Boy Scouts, got the idea that eliminating all
the "ditchweed" would help in the anti-drug effort. They sent
volunteers down rural roadside ditches to pull out and collect the
stuff for destruction.

They destroyed it by burning it - tons of it. Well, even at a bale a
buzz, they had some buzzing folks running around. This is a story on
the order of an urban legend, still it is funny to contemplate.

On selecting cultivars, though, gardeners have done it for millennia
and that was likely one of the first breakthroughs in the agricultural
revolution. That revolution may have been as much the discovery not
only that you could cultivate plants but that you could selectively
control which variants of the plant you wanted to grow.

Hemp and cannabis are just like tomatoes and broccoli, you select the
type that produces what you want.

Rusty Mase

Personally, I think it should be legalized along with farmers' permits to grow
hemp for fiber. For the life of me I can't figure out why pot is illegal and
alcohol is legal. I don't know of one circumstance where a person died under
the influence of pot, or one death caused because of pot.

They are so friggin worried about gays being married and other idiotic bullshit
like it, but these renewable products which can generate billions of dollars and
save millions of trees (for paper alone) are being ignored.

At no other time in my 49 years do I recall an administration so positively
dumb. I can't believe our great nation is being run by a maniac who thinks
using a frozen embryo is murder, even though the embryo is going to be
discarded. I can't believe my president cannot say nuclear. I cannot believe
my president has alienated the entire earth. I can't believe there are people
who live next door to me who have Bush/Cheney signs on their lawn. I can't
believe it.

Rant off.

Victoria