Old 18-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Jeanne Stockdale

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"

In the ultimate future that is quite true. At some stage it will
become essential to cap the total human population. However, the
amount of energy available in fissile (and fusible) materials is
vastly in excess of that in the available fossil fuels.

Franz

In order to shorten the period within we can take advantage of the
sun's energy, we should go down the road of directly extracting the radiated
energy.
We have (more than ! ) an abundance of water and hydrogen should be
easily extractable therefrom by heat from the sun. It's just a matter imho
of developing the technology to focus the energy appropriately. Not
such a difficult concept when you remember setting fire to paper as a kid
using a magnifying glass.
On combustion the residue is water if my O level Phys/Chem memories
are correct.
Surely this would be less onerous than fission, fusion, nuclear or
fossil burning

Pete