Old 18-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Gae Xavier

God Bless Texas wrote:

Well, the low-grade stuff was made illegal was due to extensive lobbying
by DuPont, who wanted to sell the government their new petroleum-based
rope products.

The tactic used was scare-mongering about the low-life (insert racially
derogatory term of choice here)s who smoked it and then wanted to have
sex with white women.

Why is it currently illegal? IMO that's a very good question - the
low-grade stuff, as noted herein, is pretty worthless for recreational
purposes. The recreational-grade stuff keeps a whole lot of folks
employed, both at home and abroad, to fight the "war."

Like Rusty, I was a child of the '60's -- you know, just in diapers at
the Vulcan Gas Company. LOL

So I am aware of lots and lots of old pot heads who used to sprinkle the
capitol grounds with seeds and armadillos and still smoke it.

The thing about pot is, everyone I know who has smoked it daily for
20-40 years, is a couch potato without an erection. How would I know --
they have mentioned it in passing... OKAY! (A specific example, is a
girlfriend of mine complaining about her BF who has smoked it for 40
years and she "doesn't get no satisfaction", because the erectile tissue
is well... no longer functional and feeling anything from the nerve
endings being bathed in the chemical cannabis produces for 40 yrs.

If studies were done (they may have been already), I think that with
long term use, short term memory is an issue, extreme lethargy combined
with a lack of ambition, and nerve damage along the excitatory impulse
channels, IMO.

FWIW: Gae

I suspect an unholy, and probably not even clearly intended, alliance
between the "military industrial complex," the state department, and
foreign governments to keep the funds rolling into their budgets.

Yes, but more importantly, the GNP would go way down if it were legal
and in use daily by many, not to mention the population rate plummeting.
Hey, maybe that's an idea to ponder...

But, that stuff will make you paranoid, ya know . . . :-)