Old 15-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Happy'Cam'per" wrote in message
snip
Derek, yes, I absolutely agree with you, you make many valid points. Here

in
South Africa in the 'gardening scene' cats are a mighty contentious issue.
In some of the local gardening magazines ppl have even gone as far to

label
cats as 'serial killers', a tad heavy but their view nonetheless. You

either
LOVE cats or hate them, no grey areas there.

Derek, this is a third world country, and although we don't have Lions and
Giraffes roaming our back gardens (as many foreigners think) its pretty

damn
wild here in Africa, who's to say that they WERE'NT hunting for cats?
Possibly they were, you never know. You have to see it to believe it!

snip

Years ago, in the U.S., many laws were passed to curb dogs, as dogs roaming
around neighborhoods became dangerous to people. I recently heard a news
story on the radio that said, many counties are talking about putting laws
into place for feral cats, because the population of small critters is being
devastated by domesticated outdoor cats.

BV.