Old 18-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:35:43 GMT, "Stuart"
wrote:

My first step towards sustainable energy would be to put a solar

panel and
small windmill on top of every roof in the country and link it to

the
national grid. It wouldn't be that difficult to do if it was done

on a
national scale.

both solar panels and a small windmills are net users of energy.

Yes. I, too, had forgotten the energy costs of producing the cells
and small windmills in the first instance.

While we're at it, get rid of these windmills at scenic areas and

put
thousands of them beside motorways, after all how much energy is in

the
slipstreams of all the cars on the M1 in a day?

Why not mount windmills directly on every car?

{:-))

Franz