Old 18-10-2004, 10:05 PM
Franz Heymann

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Jeanne Stockdale wrote:

Sunpower!

All energy sources on earth, past, present and future are derived

from the
sun.
The future for our long-term survival is to shortcut the years of

previous
storage to direct access -imho.

The problem with doing that in the UK is that we first need to tow
these islands 20 degrees south.

{:-))

Let's get back to gardening:
When Porter was at the Royal Institution, there was a very active
research programme on trying to disentangle the details of the quantum
processes by which photosynthesis proceeds. My own opinion is that
solar energy will become a viable alternative for replacing fossil
fuel energy when we know enough to produce photosynthesis on an
industrial scale without the need for green plants.
Is there a chemist amongs urglers who knows the status of research on
the physics of photosynthesis?

Franz