Old 18-10-2004, 11:47 PM
paghat

Default mislabeled plants from monrovia

In article , hoppity hoppity
rabbit wrote:

Wondering if there is a trend to Monrovia plants being mislabled or if
I just have had some bad luck recently. I have bought a few different
azaleas that turned out to be something other than what they were
labeled, all in Monrovia pots with Monrovia tags. Most recently I
bought some witch hazels, Hamamelis × intermedia 'Diane' and 'Jelena'
the latter of which has not bloomed, so who knows what it will be, but
the 'Diane' has had a couple of random blooms already and they were
bright yellow. Disappointing when I planned around where I was
planting them and was really looking forward to the red blooms of the
'Diane' where I had placed it.

Monrovia is one of the most disappointment-oriented companies what is. See
this article:
http://www.paghat.com/buyerbeware.html

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"