Old 19-10-2004, 12:13 AM
Nedra

I haven't purchased one fish since 1995! They all lived and have spawned.
Went from having 7 Koi to 13. I don't shop for Koi - never did.
My lps lady got me started on Koi and that was in 1995.
I don't believe in tempting fate. Needless to say I have never quarantined
a fish.

Nedra in Missouri
zone 6

"Ka30P" wrote in message
Waaaaaay back when the pond was new I remember losing one fish. A rosie

red.
From PetsMart The very next day.. Put all sorts of fish in from various

sources
over the years, store, jj's, two ponds being dismantled, one batch that

came
via airplane. Not one loss. Always right into the pond.
I have lost fish, due to winter problems and getting caught by the

weather,
having the pond fireeze over and not being able to get to it for a while.

All
mine own fault. And then there was the Kingfisher. And the bullfrogs. And

the
labradors used to conduct vice raids on spawning fish. Oh, and one to the
router rooter.
But saying all that I'd still recommend jj's or Ingrid's quarantine

maneuvers
out of an abundance of caution when posting advice on an open message

board.I
guess it is the litigious days we live in, everybody naturally wants to

cover
all bases.

kathy :-)
3000 gallon pond