Old 19-10-2004, 12:26 AM
Crashj

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:46:53 +0100,
wrote:

Just how many fish have people in this newsgroup bought, and have died in
the first, say, year?

This is a new pond, and my first, but I have been an aquarium keeper
for years.
Fish into the pond this year were four rosy minnow feeders of which
two were found dead floating a few days later. The other two have
spawned and now I have hundreds. This is about 25% or the total
schools that were there at one time.
Three feeder goldfish dumped in about the same time have all survived
and thrive.
Five inch goldfish, previously held captive in a tank with and Oscar,
was abruptly freed one morning when a large pleco was surprised
chewing on its face. It is very pretty, mostly white, and has survived
the constant attention of the smaller goldfish very well.
Two small pl*cs went in a couple of weeks ago, one was seen today,
sunning itself, did not move all day. I have not seen the other all
week.
The temp today was down to 48*F water, 55*F air, clear, sunny, mild
breeze. I have turned the fountain off, but the fish bubbler and
veggie waterfall are still running.

--
Crashj