Old 19-10-2004, 09:30 AM
Jeanne Stockdale

Given what you want to do, then a compact tractor is going to be the best
option. Iseki and Kubota seem to be the best buys - although not
particularly cheap. A couple of useful websites for you to look at are
www.smalltractors.co.uk and www.minitrac.co.uk Both of these have new/used
tractors and accessories for sale

Good luck

Jeanne

"Mithral_j" wrote in message

Sorry for the late reply and thankyou for yours. the item you describe
on ebay is almost exaxtly the same as my current one (although a bit
cleaner and newer)
the problem i have is with collecting wet long grass - cutting down 2ft
long grass, i also get fed up with those silly belts snapping, punctures
and getting stuck. i also tow alot (wood fired rayburn) uphill.
is a mower the right tool or compact (with the latter i also ofcourse
have the option of a whole host of other tools)

"If you are only looking for something for lawn mowing, then my hubby
thinks
that a compact tractor is not the right tool. You really need a
dedicated
ride on lawn mower/tractor. Had a quick look on ebay and for example
http://tinyurl.com/6yhtt
might be suitable.

Jeanne Stockdale"

--