Old 19-10-2004, 11:37 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Katrina said:

Does anyone know how to keep the bugs and blight at bay when growing
tomatoes without using chemicals such as tomato dust? I have heard
that using the 'grey water' from the last cycle of the washing machine
works. Has any got any other suggestions? Thanks.

Seaweed (kelp) sprays. I use Maxicrop's dehydrated powder. The foliage
stays healthy until late in the season. I don't have problems with aphids and
flea beetles are a minor nuisance.

A good, clean mulch also goes a long way to cutting down on problems.

(attributed to Don Marti)