Old 19-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Franz Heymann

"ex WGS Hamm" wrote in message

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
I'm warming to this theme. Roads in future will all be made of

rows
and rows of rollers driving generators. Hell, why stop at roads?
Footpaths, too, since every little helps. Around the house, we'll

all
use special roller-skates charging battery packs slung on our

backs;
every night at bedtime, we take off the batteries, and plug them

into
a special socket, from which they'll power the off-peak
water-heating, dishwasher, and washing machine. If this doesn't

get
me a knighthood, there's no justice in life.

Now, about gas...

I think each new house built should have a small horizontal type

wind
turbine on the roof.

With luck, that produces enough power to drive a telly, sometimes.

Franz