Old 19-10-2004, 01:47 PM
simy1

(Katrina) wrote in message . com...
Does anyone know how to keep the bugs and blight at bay when growing
tomatoes without using chemicals such as tomato dust? I have heard
that using the 'grey water' from the last cycle of the washing machine
works. Has any got any other suggestions? Thanks.

Good soil makes the plant stronger against both blight and bugs. In my
case, I get blight in potatoes and tomatoes in my new garden, which I
have just started amending, but not in the established old garden with
compost beds. Mulch also helps, by limiting soil splash, as does drip
irrigation or in general avoidance of overhead watering.