Old 19-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Cereus-validus.

Trick or treat?

Why not get yourself an anteater?

If not, how about a horned toad?

"stella" wrote in message
om...
Actually I LIKE ants. My friend has a beloved umbrella tree in a huge
pot, that has been outside for the summer (zone 7). It has become
infested with ants, on the leaves and especially in the soil of the
pot. My friend doesn't want ants in the house, as they crawl on him
when he's meditating and in general disturb his domestic tranquility
:-) I'd like to offer him an alternative to poisoning the little
critters.

I want to suggest a brisk spraying of the leaves, then thoroughly
soaking the pot in water and leaving it out (on the ground, not on the
deck) for a couple of days. Does that sound like it will do the
trick?

TIA,

stella