Old 19-10-2004, 07:36 PM
madgardener

Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect." Chief Seattle
"SVTKate" wrote in message
nk.net...
I moved some that were here at our house when we bought it. The ones that
were planted in the dirt got pretty mangy during the summer. The ones I

have
growing in an old copper boiler on the porch still look happy and healthy,
though much smaller

Kate

the reason that the slugs never bothered the hostas in the old copper boiler
is because when they crawl up on it they get a shock, literally. you hit
paydirt and never realized it!
madgardener

"Jap" wrote in message
i.nl...
| Dear friends,
|
| I have a lot of my Hostas in Hostavalley in pots And some of them are
still
| looking great on this time of the year.
| I have less problems with slugs......... . I think there perfect for

pots.