Old 19-10-2004, 08:45 PM
laura

Default skunks

Thanks to the person who posted the suggestion to use light to
discourage skunks from making a home under a porch. I had one(?) who
had been wintering under my porch inspite of my efforts to keep
lattice in place. It's tricky because I didn't want to seal it up
tightly if he was in there asleep and then have a dead skunk under the
porch. I followed the posted suggestion and secured a shop light to a
long stick with duct tape so I could push it all the way back under
the porch. Then I left the 75 watt bulb burning for a few days.
Apparently the skunk came "home" one morning, saw the light and moved
out. After 3 days with no evidence of disturbance to the lattice, I
removed the light and secured the area more tightly. The varmints
haven't been back since and I didn't have to put up with any smelly
repellent sprays.
Thanx again.