Old 19-10-2004, 08:23 PM
Franz Heymann

"Broadback" wrote in message
Franz Heymann wrote:

"Broadback" wrote in message

Franz Heymann wrote:

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
news

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:18:58 +0100, Broadback

wrote:

Martin wrote:

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 14:04:45 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

And just when I have been notified of a third price rise in

the

last

few

months for the bulk gas I use for heating.
The price has now gone up by about 45% this year.

All over Europe, the price of natural gas is linked to the

price of

crude oil.

A plus to these price rises is that it make alternative

sources

of

energy more likely. I can't wait for the hydrogen era to come

in.

Looks like the Canadians are getting on top of it!

Hydrogen is created using electricity, which is generated using

fossil

or nuclear fuel.
--
Martin

Not in Canada's case they even call it Hydro :~)

The amount of hydroelectric power available on a global scale

makes no

more than a tiny dent in the total fossil fuel requirements. And

the

essence of the matter is that it is already being used.

Utilising

it

to make hydrogen will sinply make further demands on fossil fuel

make up for the fact that the hydroelectric power will be

diverted

doing something other than what it is doing today.

Hydrogen simply is not an alternative fuel. It is simply an
alternative method of storing conventional fuels.

The real truth of the matter is that there is simply no way out

other

than building nuclear stations as fast as possible.

Franz

Ah, but the Canadian company has successfully generated hydrogen

from

water using sun power.

By what process?

A lot of possibility there, it is very advanced
they have conducted viable commercial tests.

I have my doubts, and will continue to have them until I know what
magic process was used.

Franz

I do not believe it to be magic, in fact if able I would happily

invest
in the company, sadly they will only allow Canadian investors,

whether
this is a stipulation of the Canadian government, who have an

interest,
I don't know. If you are interested in finding out more go to their

site:
http://www.shec-labs.com

The URL has the format and is written in the style I expect from
someone who is pulling the wool over the readers' eyes. I found no
reference to any peer reviewed publication of the physics underlying
the process.

I would have thought that there should have been at least one mention
of the structure of the extremely high pressure vessel which would be
needed to prevent water at 2000 deg C from exploding as steam rather
than decomposing. And how are the Oxygen and Hydrogen separated in
the confined space of the focus of a parabolic mirror, especially when
it is at a phenomenally high pressure?

My doubts are not even slightly allayed.

Franz