Old 19-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Ken Oaf

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:24:08 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

My neighbour uses pool chlorine mixed, I think he said, at 1 or 2
tablespoons per watering-can. Of course, you use it where no other
plants are growing, eg paths etc.

I haven't used it myself yet and was not especially happy with the idea
of using chlorine particularly where it may leach into nearby lawn area.
However, another friend, who is a chemist, said that chlorine evaporates
rather quickly in sunlight and therefore may not stay in the soil to be
leached.

All I now need to do is to get a small container of this pool chlorine
to test out the theory.

Not a smart thing to do, especially if you have pets that may walk over the area
treated with chlorine.