Old 20-10-2004, 02:51 AM
paghat

In article ,
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 02:02:21 -0700,
(paghat)
wrote:

The Constitution Party makes me miss the
Northwest Rhinocerous Party which ran on platforms of party hats & moon
colonies & a tiddly-wink in every pot, which made ever so much more
logical sense.

You've evidently not seen the Guns And Dope Party ("Every Man, Woman, and
Ostrich is a Tsar"),
http://www.gunsanddope.com

Oh, that's very cute, glad you pointed me to it, though I'd be more
inclined to the Books & Movies Party. And they're outdone by the Owl Party
in washington state & the Rhino party in British Columbia because they
actually got onto ballots & were included in the primary voters' booklets.
And received more votes than any other third-party for those years. It was
the Owl Party I was actually thinking of when I typed Rhino, I get them
mixed up, & the Rhinos were around so much longer. OWL stood for "Out With
Logic, On With Lunacy." I wish someone put up a memorial website for all
the folks involved. Jazz man Thomas Kelly, Owl Party candidate for
governor of Washington, promised to change our capital's name from Olympia
to Ept, so that everyone would be able to say the Legislature was In Ept.
Owl Party secretary-of-state candidate Lucy Griswold ran on a platform
opposing the heartbreak of psoriasis, & got 40,000 votes. Damn, I wish I'd
saved that voter's book. Kelly died earlier this year so was briefly back
in the news:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2001953493_kellyobit11m.html

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"