Old 20-10-2004, 04:23 AM
Spyder2x

Ok, Great...Thanks Brian. I do wonder though if the Metal Halide lights are
ok. The wife says she read that the k-level is too low? After I first read
your post I went down and purchased 4 175 watt MH fixtures...then I get home
and hear her news. It is a freshwater tank that I hope to plant heavily. If
that helps.

--Jim--

"Brian S." wrote in message
Definitely light is more important.

Plants need the following essentials in this order: Light, carbon
dioxide,
and trace nutrients.

The trace nutrients are typically made available from uneaten food and
fish
waste.

Brian S.

"Spyder2x" wrote in message
Hello all,

I am wanting to add both a pressurized CO2 and a nice
lighting system. My question though is which one should I add first? I
currently have a DIY CO2, and around 100 watts of flourescent lights over

135 U.S. Gal tank. The lights will be Metal Halide (these are ok for

plants
right?) Thanks for any help.

--Jim--