Old 20-10-2004, 05:11 AM
ATD

From what I've read the recommendation is for some quality substrate
for rooted plants. If I can get away with perhaps adding laterite to
my existing substrate then so much the better. I am concerned that I
only have an inch of gravel and most planted tanks are supposed to
have 3. I picked up a box of laterite and it calls for adding 1 ounce
for every gallon of water. In my tank thay would not add much more
substrate.

Andy

"Brian S." wrote in message news:1Ggdd.422409$Fg5.19916@attbi_s53...
Well,

Since you have gravel, I would almost say that you wouldn't really need to
put anything down.

I have quite a few plants in my 29 gallon tank and don't have any type of
fertilization except carbon dioxide bubbles.

If you have enough fish in the tank, they should create enough of the
nutrients needed plus some of the fish food.

Just my two cents.

Brian S.

"