Old 20-10-2004, 06:29 AM
Gary Davis

On 10/13/04 1:09 PM, in article ,
"Lisa110" wrote:

Gary Davis Wrote:
On 10/12/04 10:52 AM, in article
,
"Lisa110"
wrote:
-
Hello,

I have just joined the forum and I am completely novice to all things
horticultural! So I did want to say hi !!!!

My main problems are as follows and I hope and pray that some advice
can be found...

I have a beautiful curly trained bay tree (in a pot) which has been
healthy looking until recently. First a sort of black mould appeared
on the leaves which I sprayed and that helped, but also quite a few
of
the leaves are turning yellow and falling off. My gut instinct is to
re-pot the tree as it has been in the same pot for about 3 years now
and I have read about using John Innes No3 with added grit for
drainage... but can I re pot it at any time of the year?

My 2nd problem is a privet type bush (shaped but only small) I
planted
it next to a bamboo and the bamboo has taken over, when can I move
it?

Also, as you might now gather I am completely un educated in
gardening
matters so even the most obvious advice is welcome.

Thanks

Lisa
-
Hi Lisa,
In your message you said this: " First a sort of black mould appeared
on the leaves which I sprayed ". My question is what did you spray on
the
leaves and why did you use that spray?
Gary
Fort Langley, BC
CAnada

Hi Gary, I cannot remember what I used but I used it on advice from a
garden centre.

Lisa

Hi Lisa
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your honesty.
Gary
Fort Langley BC
Canada