Old 20-10-2004, 08:53 AM
gregpresley

I think the Monrovia mislabeling is fairly common. I bought a rose of sharon
in the spring labeled Helene and had it bloom as a small double pink instead
of the big single white with red center I was expecting. However, the
nursery honored a return and supplied me with a Helene in bloom. (As a
matter of fact, the employee was going to give me a much bigger pot size,
but the owner caught him and made him hunt around until he found the one
remaining smaller sized one.) Of course, the new one is not as well
established as the one I babied since May, so I worry about it making it
through its first winter.