Old 20-10-2004, 07:00 AM
sherwindu

My tomatoes have been consistently problem free for several years. I do
not spray
them, but keep them watered, and the soil well fertilized before
planting. The thing
which may make a difference for me is that I have two raised beds. One
for tomatoes, and another for the other vegetables. I alternate these
locations every
season, so the tomatoes are not re-planted the next season in the same
place. It is
possible that any tomatoe pests that take up residence do not get a chance
to go into
high gear for the next season. There are probably other benefits in doing
this kind of
crop rotation.

Sherwin Dubren

Katrina wrote:

Does anyone know how to keep the bugs and blight at bay when growing
tomatoes without using chemicals such as tomato dust? I have heard
that using the 'grey water' from the last cycle of the washing machine
works. Has any got any other suggestions? Thanks.