Old 20-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Joe

"Ray" wrote in message ...
I'm not sure what you're asking.

You stated the bark was black and slimy - a sure sign of decomposition, and
a desperate need for transplanting.

Fresh bark is OK for many growers, but its decomposition can be a
root-killer.

Would the nasty bark be the cause of the lack of blooming and seeming
inadequate root development of the paph and of the dormancy of the
phal?

Also, what do healthy phal roots look like?

Incidentally, this paph is one hell of a tough plant. When I first
got it, I was - unwittingly, of course - feeding it fertilizer at
three times the recommended strength. All of my other plants croaked
immediately, but this one stuck around.