Old 16-10-2004, 04:48 PM
GA Pinhead

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:37:19 -0400, "GA Pinhead"
wrote:

Try some Pasillas. Makes the best enchilada sauce. In GA we have fungus
problems on them, but still worth it.

I'm in South Carolina, so I would probably have the same
problems. I haven't grown Pasillas in a few years, though.
I'll add them to my potential list.

Pasilla Bajio - they are blunt not pointy and do better than the other
varieties I have tried.

Roasted Pimentos, mmmm

There's another I haven't grown in a few years. With the problems
I've had with bell peppers lately, I'm inclined to try other
kinds of sweet peppers.

I have been growing Figaro - they get 6+ feet tall so staking is a must.
Thick flavorful. Great for stuffing! I don't even grow bells anymore.

I did chocolate habs for the first time this year. The jamaican place owner
said they like them the best, they are bigger!

This is fall planting weekend, spinach, collards, beets, etc.

Gotta go till the garden.

John!