Old 16-10-2004, 02:47 AM
J Fortuna

Default buds fused together

One of the orchids (Phal) that I bought recently has two buds that have
fused together to form one bud. I remember once reading about this sort of
phenomenon, and there was a term for it, and now I can't find the article
anymore. It isn't peloric, but some other term. I didn't notice this strange
bud until I got home, and now I am quite curious what the flower/flowers
will look like once this opens. Has anyone else here experienced this? Is it
a mutation? Is it due to something cultural? Is it likely to do this again
if it is doing it once? Or is it a once in a blue moon sort of thing? Most
of the buds and flowers on this Phal are currently normal, it's just that
one siamese twin bud-cluster.

Joanna