Old 16-10-2004, 03:33 AM
Steve

I saw the subject line and worried about what I might find. Then I saw
who it was from, so.....

J Fortuna wrote:
Ok, so how does one go about the spag'n'bag method of orchid rescue? When
does one do it? And what is it likely to accomplish?

It's been at least 20 years since I tried it. All it ever accomplished
for me was a rotted plant that died anyway. That's why I haven't tried
it in 20 years. That's also why I'll let someone else tell you how to do
it. Obviously I wasn't very good at it.
If it was my plant, I think I would take it out of the pot again. Trim
off anything that is dead, above or below ground level. Consider using a
smaller pot since it is now a smaller plant. Plant it deep enough that
the new roots have something to grow into. If it is trying at all to
grow new roots you might also consider semi-hydro. I never actually grew
a Phal that way but I have rescued other plants that were having trouble
keeping their roots alive.
Others will reply and will probably have better advice.

Steve