Old 20-10-2004, 03:54 PM
Pam Moore

Default Not purple daisy

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 23:19:37 +0200, "joop"
wrote:

Hi
When we are in England (every holiday for the last 28 years) we love the
English gardens and countryside. When we are in Cornwall we always see a
very common purple wallflower. We love that flower and is unknown by us in
Holland. We think the flower (plant) is so very common that we can't find a
picture and name (English or Latin or Dutch) on internet. We call it purple
daisy, however that is not the right name. Please, who can help us?

I am thinking of the mesembryanthemum ("Hottentot fig") that grows
over the walls in Cornwall and the Scillies. That is a purple
daisy-like flower.

Pam in Bristol