Old 20-10-2004, 04:16 PM
JennyC

"Martin Sykes" wrote
"David Hill" wrote
A slight twist in the thread. I usually mix a bit of lard with the suet I
use to make the bird food for the Tits, but found today that Lard has
disappeared from the supermarkets, I was told it has all been withdrawn,
but
no one knew why.......
Anyone heard anything?

Maybe our Ukrainian immigrants have bought it all and the supermarkets are
just guilty of not getting in extra to meet the demand -

But seriously, the article also implies that a poor grain harvest this year
is somehow linked to reduced lard production.
Martin & Anna Sykes

Funny I always thought lard came from animals.............:~)
Jenny