Old 20-10-2004, 09:21 PM
bramble towers bramble towers is offline
Registered User

Default plants that like waterlogged clay!

I have recently taken over a large neglected garden - about an acre with mainly grass, brambles & nettles. I have only ever had a patio garden before, so it's all very new to me. The soil here is acidic clay & when it rains, some lower lying areas of the garden end up about 4 inches under water. I had wanted to put in a border along my boundary fence, but this is in one of the waterlogged bits of the garden.
Do I need to look out for special kinds of plants that will cope with these conditions? Could anyone suggest any?? I should point out that this same bit of ground was baked hard all summer, so the waterlogging is only a winter problem.
Any suggestions gratefully received

Sally