Old 20-10-2004, 07:39 PM
paghat

In article ,
wrote:

but we have quite a bit of disposable income. we go out to eat, I buy

stuff on ebay
all the time, etc. we would just stop buying anything EXCEPT

necessities. I mean it
would only be for 4 years. I think I got enough fur coats, boots, etc

to last that
long. Got enough furniture. The problem as I see it is that the very

wealthiest
people and companies are buying more and more of our elections every

year. I think
if a significant number of people just stopped buying everything but the

necessities
for a while it may put a dent in the amount of money they can dump on "their"
candidates. OTOH, maybe I should just take all my disposable income and

only buy
stuff made by Democrats.
the whole reimportation from Canada is bullshit. production of many if

not most
drugs is out sourced to other countries already, that is why we are

coming up short
on flu vaccine.
I find it unbelievable that W insist he is protecting Americans from

sub-standard
drugs from Canada and then in the next breath says we are working with

Canadians to
get flu vaccine from them.
INgrid

If you go four years as a minimalist consumer you may find you're
healthier & prefer living without the clutter, so will continue the habit
for life. There's much to be said for minimal consumerism because
Americans tend to use up the world's resources hundreds of times faster
than in many other countries, & we have very little to show for it beyond
exposure to more carcinogens, fat asses, & an accumulation of pricy junk
we scarsely even look at a second time.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Visit the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl: