Old 20-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Perry Templeton

Default Oak tree

I have an oak tree that I have managed to make survive long enough to get
about 6' tall. It's been in this spot for about a year and lately I notice
it is sending up shoots around the base. That new growth looks fairly
vigorous..the leaves on the upper part are not unhealthy, but don't have
that youthful glow. I am wondering if I should trim off the new shoots, are
they taking energy nutrients away from the whole tree? This was a stowaway
that was born in a flower pot and then got transplanted to the yard. I'll
take photos and post them in alt.binaries.pictures.garden.
Thanks.
Perry