Old 20-10-2004, 06:33 PM
Derek Broughton

Benign Vanilla wrote:

Giardia is a problem in any waterway where animals have defecated in or
near the water. It's a common problem for backcountry hikers. It's the
main reason many hikers, filter their water. Many hikers joke about going
on the Giardia Diet, in which no matter how much you eat, you lose weight
because you are unable to digest anything. LOL.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasi...ht_giardia.htm

D**n. I didn't want to know that much about it. Now my hypochondria is
telling me I've had it for 20 years... It would explain how I've not quite
managed to get fat on my wife's cooking.
--
derek