Old 21-10-2004, 12:40 AM

"Brian S." wrote in message news:MPwdd.291928$3l3.272184@attbi_s03...
So just as a figure, you are saying that plants can use carbon dioxide
without any light?

He has light, 100watts.

Even at one watt per gallon, you can overbear your fish with carbon dioxide
levels if there isn't enough light for the plants to perform photosynthesis.

Overbear your fish?

CO2 whether it's in a high or low light tank does not harm fish at
20-30ppm range.
Light plays _no role_ except perhaps to drive more uptake in which
case you increase the RATE, not the level of ppm of CO2.

I really have no idea what your point is here.

Algae is an unfortunate side effect of having light, and every tank has some
sort of algae.

Algae management, not eradication.
Less light+good CO2 will prevent algae much more than high light+no
CO2.

Not sure why this concept seems troubling for you.

Try it and see then you'll not say this any longer

I have about 2 watts per gallon on my 29 gallon aquarium (one 65 watt
compact fluorescent bulb) and I am also putting in Co2 using the yeast
method, and I still have trouble with algae.
Brian S.

Hummm........well I do not have any trouble with algae. I have non
CO2, low light CO2, high light CO2, Marine all planted tanks.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ntcb3&x=12&y=7

You need to work on your CO2 first, then make sure it's 20-30ppm.
Once you accomplish this, then you can work on nutrients which is
rather easy and simple.

See he

http://www.aquatic-plants.org/articles.html

Regards,