Old 21-10-2004, 12:27 PM
Chookie

In article ,
"Roo" wrote:

We use this area as a family/eating room in the summer and have a six inch
border in breadth running around the bottom about 15 metres. As we use
this area Dec/Mar we are looking for a bit of color, easy maintenance
/propbably native, we have reticulation.

With only 6 inch wide beds, you won't get anything very shrubby in. A climber
will head for the light straight away, but if you have a pergola overhead
consider passionfruit, grape vines, wonga wonga vine of bower of beauty.

For something low, you could consider ferns, or impatiens (busy lizzie). Both
will do well with moisture and low light.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet