Old 21-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Chookie

In article ,
"blank" wrote:

My wife loves strawberries. So, I put a couple healthy looking plants in
hanging baskets, incorporating a healthy dose of Nutricote 140 day
13.0-5.7-10.8 in the potting mix, hung them in a spot that gets about 6
hours of hot afternoon sun, added them to an irrigation line that gets 15
minutes per morning of fine overhead spray and ..........
the flowers that were already forming produced strawberries, much to her
delight.

BUT, since then they have not produced any flowers. And as we all know, no
flowers for the good lady means no hanky panky. So, can anyone tell me how
to get the damn flowers going again?

IME strawberries will bear as long as they think it is spring, as opposed to
summer. Variable weather (as we've had in Sydney lately) extends the season.
I would be inclined to move them to where they get morning sun rather than
afternoon sun.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet