Old 21-10-2004, 03:00 PM
prologica prologica is offline
Registered User

Exclamation Plant to disguise central heating vent?

Hi All!
On my East facing wall is a very prominent and ugly exhaust vent from the CH boiler that i'd love to hide.

My thought was to build a trellis-based structure around it (the timber would probably be 18-24" away from the vent) and grow a climber/wall shrub up it.

But which plant could stand the extremes of normal daytime temperatures, hot exhausts during colder evenings as the CH kicks in, followed by sudden drop in temperature as the heating goes off for the night, before kicking in again around 6am? (Oh and it needs to be evergreen or dense enough to perform the disguising job!. . .)

Any thoughts (lateral or otherwise) much appreciated.

regards
David