Old 08-02-2003, 10:40 PM
Claude Rogers

Default Underwater Headlights

These things are so buoyant that after about a week in the water, it broke
the silicon seal and floated to the top. One is still underwater and
working, the other is still lit, but floating.

Hi Barry, what I did is: I solder the wires to the lamp and siliconed

them over, after sufficient drying time, I ran the wires from the bottom of
the lamps down through the bottom of the pot " ones like flowers come in
from the store" and tied a knot in the wire on the outside of the bottom of
the pot. Kinda tilted the lamp to one side and filled the pot with gravel
to weigh it down. So basically the wire is the anchor to hold the lamp into
the pot, and the rocks are just there to weigh it down. If using a flexible
type pot or soft plastic pot you might want to use a washer around the wire
before the knot to keep it from pulling through the bottom of the pot. If
the wires are solder to the lamp they shouldn't pull off.