Old 21-10-2004, 02:48 PM
shervahnya

How do u know its growing? It might just be the remains of a tree that
was there and removed ages ago...do u know the history of the site?
and if u do and have a pic, let me know (I love this stuff). Anyway,
my experience with trees is (Im thinking of your heaving concrete),
consequences from distrubance can happen decades down the track (you
know grading, trenching that kind of thing), and, how reactive is your
soil? sometimes changes in condtions/climate cause it with reactive
clays, or if u remove a tree, on reactive clays, even some distance
away, will shrink and crack and heave because the very source of
moisture removal has been removed. * shrug my 2 bobs worth anyway lol
Just had an after thought! have u got any trees nere capable of self
probagation by stolon/rhyzome, layering etc???? Ive seen weird things
with that stuff too lol