Old 21-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Katra

In article ,
(Vinny) wrote:

Hi All:

I am trying to locate a store that sells sands by the bulk (truck
load) for a playground for my son's Montessori School. Anyone have
done that before ? Please share your experience...

BR,

V.

I have...
Be careful. There are several grades of sand!

Look in the phonebook under "hauling". I've bought truckloads of sand
for landscaping before, it's purchased by the cubic yard. It runs me
about $150.00 for a 10 cubic yard (10 ton) load of sand, delivered. :-)

You can also check with landscaping companies and gardening companies.

Also, look under "quarries" in the yellow pages.

Hope this helps???

Again, be careful of the type of sand!!! You want Play Sand.
The sand I have bought was either washed limestone or sandy loam, both
of which are not suitable for playgrounds. They get hard.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...